The Data Transfer module enables data to be transferred between locations. For example where a national company has offices in every state they are able to send and receive information between the branches and the head office. Data Transfer can optionally integrate to the following modules: Cashbook, Debtors, Stock, Creditors, General Ledger, Sales Orders, Job Cost, Payroll and Bill of Materials.
Data transfer features include:-
- Data can be transferred for selected or all modules with the option to transfer master files, transaction or both.
- The system can be set to transfer data for a selected data range, the current period or for all previous untransferred data.
- Data can be sent between sites electronically (i.e.: over telephone lines via a modem) or on physical media such as tape or diskette.
- The module allows the user to determine the frequency of data transmission e.g.: information may be sent daily, weekly, fortnightly, monthly, etc.
- The Data Transfer module manages the integrity of the data. A detailed audit trail can be printed at the time of each upload and download showing all transactions which have been transferred
- Data Transfer will handle any number of locations. Each site is identified by a unique three character text identifier that distinguishes one site from another.
Information can be transferred between locations, e.g.: customer orders and debtor receipts may be transferred from a remote location to the head office on a daily basis. Data Transfer can negate the need for remote locations to be on-line via a dedicated telephone line, thus providing a very cost-effective alternative.
Serial, Batch or Roll tracking option:-
The Arrow Serial Tracking option provides the mechanism to easily and immediately identify, monitor and track the movement of stock items by their unique characteristic, being a Serial Number, Batch or Roll. This option integrates to all of the following Arrow Modules: Creditors, Debtors, Stock, Purchase Orders, Sales Orders, Job Costing and Bill of Materials. In manufacturing environments, when Bill of Materials is implemented, both raw materials and/or finished goods can be tracked by Serial, Batch or Roll Numbers.
Serial tracking features include:-
- Provides the ability to assess and track warranty claim conditions.
- Provides the ability during the manufacturing process to allocate Serial/Batch numbers to raw materials and finished goods.
- Optionally able to enter expiry dates and production batch details.
- Optionally allocate Serial, Batch or Roll Numbers during sales order entry.
- Optionally allocated Serial, Batch or Roll Numbers during production order entry.
- Actual cost of individual items can be monitored, and this cost can optionally be the basis for cost of sales calculation.
- Ability to have Multiple Bin Locations per item.
- Global Stock search by Serial, Batch or Roll Numbers.
- Provision to record adjustments against, Serial, Batch or Roll Numbers.
- Serial, Batch or Roll number reports can be based on the status of individual numbers, including expiry date range, production batch range or quantity selections.